This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Binoculars

>> Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two of my favorite in-laws are Mark's Uncle Rick and Aunt Lois. I don't want to air too much dirty laundry here on this blog, but let's just say they are an acquired taste. The very reason I love them so much is the very reason some find them less than palatable. They speak their minds. They say it like it is. I find it refreshing. You never have to wonder what they are thinking or how they feel about you. In my 6 years of marriage to Mark I have been on the receiving end of some cranky remarks (beginning at my bridal shower), but I have also been on the receiving end of some wonderful compliments. Since they are not one's to hand out a compliment lightly, those positive remarks have meant a tremendous amount to me. For the two of them to sing my praises, I must have truly earned it.

This past Thanksgiving, Uncle Rick showed up with a set of binoculars for each of my boys. We don't usually exchange gifts with them, so this was a sweet gesture and completely out of the blue. My boys were immediately taken with the presents and have been walking around the house with them around their necks ever since.

Elijah has recently discovered that if you look through the binoculars the "wrong" way, everything looks smaller instead of bigger. Yesterday, he decided to look at me that way on several occasions and shout "Hey Mom! Look, you're getting smaller!" From your lips to God's ears, son. Just don't turn them around the other way. Mommy doesn't need anything making her look bigger.

1 comments:

Unknown January 18, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Sounds like an Aunt and Uncle I'd love!!! We need more of those people in our lives!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP