This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Sick

>> Monday, October 6, 2008

The one part of preschool that I do not love is the amount of germs my kids (and therefore Mark and I) are now exposed to. Yes, they tell us to keep our kids home if they are "green" (use your imaginations) and/or have a cough. Let's be honest, though....by the time those symptoms are in full swing, it's too late. The damage has been done and the cold has been passed around like it was brought for "Show and Tell".

I'm not someone who lives in fear of germs. I know that my kids are just as likely to get sick by riding in a cart at Target as they are from preschool. Elijah just goes to preschool a lot more often than we go to Target.

So we are currently fighting something in our house at the moment. What I thought was a cold last week just ended up being a particularly bad allergy day (I take three different allergy meds everyday to fight my battle against mold spores. Living in the Pacific Northwest, specifically the rain drenched Willamette Valley reeks havoc on me during spring and fall. It's totally worth it, though. It's beautiful here.). Now I'm pretty sure it's a cold. My kids have been "green" since Friday, which kept them home from church yesterday, and now AWANA tonight. I'm praying that Elijah's nose dries up by morning so he doesn't miss his first ever school pictures. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by some kind of bus or train. But I was resolved to blog something. I've been so distant lately, I wanted to stay on track. So you lucky readers are getting my "Haggard-mom-who-spent-the-whole-day-chasing-a-two-year-old-with-a-Kleenex-before-he-made-a-mess-on-the-couch-cushions-when-all-she-really-wanted-to-do-today-was-sleep" blog post about....well....germs and snot. Sorry to do that to all of you, but that's all that's on my mind today.

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with something less gross.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP