This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Mish-Mosh of Mundane

>> Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last Friday I left bright and early with some of my favorite women and headed to Central Oregon for the weekend. The leadership conference we actually attended was a little anti-climatic, but the weekend itself was very valuable. We learned a lot about each other, and while not every moment was easy, in the end I think we're a better team for it. Our Women's Ministry at church (now renamed Vibrant FAITH, which stands for Females Active in the Harvest) has been going through a real time of change for the better lately. The Lord has blessed me to be a part of it, and I've documented some of that on this blog.

I got back Sunday afternoon and before I knew it, it was Monday. Mark has not gotten home from work before 10 any night so far this week and tonight promises to be the same. Elijah has a cold, so we have missed AWANA and Tuesday preschool so far this week and he may even miss his Harvest Party at preschool tomorrow if the lingering cough doesn't disappear today. The last two days I actually showered and got dressed, but today I have given up and am staying in my PJ's. I feel like between my weekend away and Mark's long hours, I haven't seen him in nearly a week, save for the brief recaps of our days we give each other before bed.

Since I only grocery shop every two weeks (paydays), and this last weekend would have been my weekend to shop, we are running out of lots of food items and my kids are stuck with canned fruit and veggies at this point. If Elijah's cold doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I may have to drag him out into the elements anyway just so I can get milk and bread.

The good news is that my Bible study homework this week has been awesome (we're on Jacob and Leah/Rachel this week and it's been fantastic). Since Mark's been gone in the evenings, I've had plenty of time to really soak it in and take my time with it.

So that's my week so far. I hope you all are healthy and enjoying the end of October.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP