This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

A little Hellfire and Brimstone. Sorry....I'm feeling some righteous anger today.

>> Monday, October 27, 2008

I have tears brimming my eyes and my stomach is a little sick. I just read the news that Jennifer Hudson's nephew was found, and he was not found alive. I can't imagine losing that many close family members at one time, in such a horrible way. I can't imagine the kind of monster that could take the life of a 7-year-old. I can't imagine being the mother of that 7-year-old today. My heart is breaking for her.

There are so many stories like this one that fill our newspapers and newscasts. The names, faces and circumstances change, but the horror remains the same. This world is broken. People are broken.

Please don't ever think that because God allows these kinds of things that He isn't as angry about them as we are. On the contrary. Jesus said that it was better for a man to tie a large millstone around his neck and throw himself into the sea than to hurt a child. Oh, how He loves them.

The day will come when the Ancient of Days will sit on His throne and open the books. The Lamb's book of Life and the book of Judgement. Make no mistake. He will not forget what has happened to His children. Just because He allows it for now does not mean He is tolerating it. Vengeance is His. He is just biding His time.

Daniel 7 is one of my favorite chapters of scripture because it reminds me who is ultimately on The Throne. He may be tolerating things for now, but Our God WILL take back control from the kingdom of darkness and Our Savior WILL reign for eternity. Woe to him whose name is NOT written in the Lamb's book. Daniel's dream gives us a glimpse of what we will someday see with our very own eyes:

"Thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took His seat. His clothing was as white as snow and the hair of His head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and it's wheels were all ablaze.

A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before Him. Thousands upon thousands attended Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated, and the books were opened." (Daniel 7:9-10)

"Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn [the horn, in this case, represents Satan] was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire." (Daniel 7:11)

"There before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14)

I am so thankful for God's grace and mercy. I am so thankful that He is kind, compassionate and loves me personally.

There are times, though, when I am so glad He is as big, powerful and righteous as He is. He will right all wrongs. There are two choices: fall to our knees and recognize His righteousness, covering our wrongs in the blood of His Son, or face the Ancient of Days.

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous,  February 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

hi friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices seeking the shoes were around 340 bucks everwhere. But definitively I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous,  March 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous,  March 17, 2010 at 3:59 AM  

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices as regards the sneakers were about 170 bucks on every site. But finally I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous,  March 17, 2010 at 4:53 AM  

good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the shoes are around 200 pounds on every site. But finally I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP