This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Ministry

>> Monday, October 20, 2008

I love it when the Lord allows me to see, with great clarity, where He's used me recently. Obviously I know He uses me in Women's ministry (sorry, Katie...FAITH), and I knew when He was using me with Jr. High girls. There are obvious, "church sanctioned activities" that make it easy to see where He's called me to use my gifts. While I find great satisfaction and blessings in these things, being used in my day-to-day, just running my errands, participating in my hobbies and raising my kids life, that is when I get goosebumps. When I can see that the Lord specifically took a situation that seemed like nothing special to me, yet through the power of His Holy Spirit and His grace used it in any small way, that is when I become humbled and overwhelmed.

My last blog post was clearly that. When I sat down to type my last post, I had something entirely different in mind. As I started to type, it turned into something I hadn't planned. I continued along, a little nervous about what I had written, but figured I could always delete it if I needed to. I wrapped up my post, hit "publish", and was instantly hit with a wave of (ironically) insecurity. I decided to fight my urge to remove the post and just trust that someone needed to hear it.

Praise the Lord, someone did! I have had some very touching responses to the last post (via email....I guess people felt a little uncomfortable sharing some of their tender thoughts in blog comments), and apparently you all can relate to some degree. Some of you have commented that you felt I had written the post just for you, and while I may not have, the Lord did. I can look back with absolute certainty and see that the Holy Spirit wrote that post, not me. I never would have had the courage.

Thank you for sharing with me. It means to world to me to know that the Lord used my little blog to touch you that way. It was the goal for my blog in the first place.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP