This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Good thing I'm getting them waxed before the wedding!

>> Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My eyebrows are the bane of my existence. I am a brunette, so you can see every stray hair that needs tweezing. To make matters worse, I have particularly tricky eyebrows. All of the out of place hairs like to hide in the follicles and all jump back out at once, like it's a surprise party. "Surprise! You have an event to go to tonight and no time to tweeze, but here we are! All of your unsightly extraneous eyebrow hairs! Here to make it look like you have shrubbery growing above your eyes!" My girlfriends who are blond can not relate to my eyebrow issues. These are the same friends of mine who can't figure out why anyone would ever need to shave their legs above the knees.

You want to know why blonds have more fun? They don't have to spend all of their time removing unwanted hair.

So last night, as I sat near the window to put on my make-up (tip for the day....put on your make-up in natural light. The lighting in your bathroom is not your friend, ladies), I noticed that my eyebrows had become caterpillars overnight. This would not have been a problem had I been able to find my tweezers! I searched high and low with no success. They had wandered off. I was forced to go to Elijah's first AWANA night ungroomed. I survived, but I was not happy about it.

So this morning, as I got up in the middle of the night bright and early to start getting things ready for Elijah's first day of school, I was distracted by my lost tweezers and unkempt brows. I was also irritated that I was going to have to spend money on a new pair of tweezers. I decided to say a prayer, asking God to guide my search for my missing tweezers. I confessed my vanity and asked Him to forgive my preoccupation with my eyebrows, but asked that there was any way in His will for me to find my tweezers, would He please allow it. You know what? He did! I found them literally seconds after finishing my prayer. I was able to pluck and tweeze my brows into shape, giving me the confidence I needed to face my Elijah's first day of school.

Apparently God not only knows the number of hairs on my head, He knows the number of hairs on my face and He agreed with me that there were too many.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP