This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Catch-Up List

>> Monday, September 22, 2008

So much has happened while I have been away from the blog, that I think the best way for me to catch you up is with a list. I can't possibly write a lengthy, descriptive post about each and every event, nor would you want me to. There was too much. So without further ado....

1. Elijah started AWANA Cubbies and Preschool in the course of about 12 hours. He basically slept in between. Cubbies was touch and go the first night (but he's settled in now and looks forward to it), but preschool has been his favorite place to be since day 1. He has new songs to sing for me every day and homework to finish every week. He even got to do a book order from Scholastic (remember those?!), which made me feel very nostalgic for my old school days. We have books coming out our ears around here, but I had to order a few any way (and can you really ever have too many books?). He has his first field trip this Thursday, and Mark is going to get to take him on it. He's excited.

2. Micah and I have been loving the time when Elijah has been at school. We've rarely gotten to spend any time just the two of us, and it's been such a joy. Having just one child a few hours a week has made it so much easier to get a few errands run and Micah has loved all of the attention he's been getting from Mommy. We've made it to the park and to the mall (last minute wedding stuff to get) and even to Krispy Kreme (but don't tell Elijah!).

3. Speaking of Micah, he is now officially 2! We celebrated in style on both Friday and Saturday the weekend before the wedding. Honestly, between my birthday, Micah's birthday and the wedding, I have consumed a lifetime's worth of cake in the last couple of weeks. Not that I'm complaining.

4. Mark and I have officially been married for 6 years. We celebrated with some reality television and Baja Fresh after the kids went to bed. And they say romance is dead....

Truthfully, it is very romantic that Mark was understanding about all of the wedding/birthday craziness and was not at all offended that our anniversary needed to be low-key this year.

5. The rehearsal and dinner were super fun. The restaurant was gorgeous and the food was amazing. My brother has the funniest friends and Kayla has the sweetest friends. I don't remember the last time I've laughed so hard.

6. My spa day was A-MAY-ZING! We got manicures and facials, and my eyebrows were whipped into shape. Then we went to Pastini for lunch, where I enjoyed Prosecco and Tiramisu. Yum, Yum!

7. My Grandma, who I haven't seen in nearly two years (I've written about her before on this blog. She has recently been battling cancer) made it up for the wedding! She's still here and I'm looking forward to getting to spend some more time with her just relaxing.

8. My Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Jerry and cousin Rachael were here for the wedding also, along with Rachael's husband Nick and son Zech, whom I'd never met. It was so good to see all of them, and we even got to enjoy breakfast together the morning after the wedding. Zech is about 8 months older than Elijah, and it was so fun to see the three boys together.

9. There were many more family and friends at the wedding that I could make a list of, but I won't bore you that way. Suffice it to say....I am blessed with way too many amazing people in my life. I was blown away by the number of hugs and smiles I got to receive this weekend.

10. I came home from the present opening/luncheon on Saturday evening and put on my pajamas. I am still in them. Don't get me wrong...I've showered. But the pajamas have gone right back on. Truth is...I'm feeling a little run down. Sore throat and sniffly nose. I'm taking my vitamin C and my Zinc, hoping to nip this in the bud, but if I'm going to get sick, better now than a week ago. Plus, I've been burning the candle at both ends so badly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if my body's gonna give out on me for a few days. I think it's earned the rest.

So with that, you're caught up (I think). I wish I could convey every wonderful detail of every wonderful moment from the past week and a half. It's been chaotic and crazy, but it has been utterly delightful. I won't lie to you, though, I'm ready for the mundane.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP