This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Just a Tease

>> Monday, August 18, 2008

It is August. The 'Dog Days of Summer'. Over the last week we have broken records for the number of days in a row over 100 degrees. It's been miserable. The kind of heat that means you break out in a sweat just blinking your eyes. The kind of heat that means any make-up you applied will have melted off your face before you get wherever you were going. The kind of heat that means no matter how cute your hair was before you left the house, the walk to the car will have it hanging limp and lifeless and stuck to your face. The kind of heat that means your brain is too tired to compose a blog post.

And yet today, it is raining. The window behind my computer monitor is open and my face is feeling a cool, crisp breeze that smells so good. The smell that rain brings as it washes the dust off of everything. It's mid-morning, but it's dark as dusk. I feel cozy and domestic and maternal. All the things I usually start feeling in the Fall. I know that this is just a tease. I know that before Fall settles in for good I will likely have to endure another bout with the heat. For now, though, I am enjoying the delusion that summer has passed. I think I'll go bake something.

post signature

1 comments:

Aunt Sher August 18, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

I agree about the heat. It has been no fun. I have enjoyed the cool and the showers today. However, I am a spring and summer girl. I love the sunshine and the long days. The short dark days make me cranky. Fall is not so bad, I guess, until it gets along toward turning into winter.

It will be so nice to be in heaven where every day is absolutely perfect!

Revelation 22:5 "There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light." WOW!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP