This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Dance for Jesus

>> Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I am so full of gratefulness this morning, I can hardly contain it. I'm going to let it overflow onto my blog.

Yesterday was another great day! God is just showing off with the way He is keeping me full of peace, patience and self-control these last couple of days. Honestly....I am not capable of the attitudes and choices I have been making this week. I give Him all credit.

Also...He worked a good, old-fashioned miracle for me this morning. For the last week I have been horrible on my diet. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! Between VBS, being sick and my husband's birthday celebrations, I hadn't made good food choices lately. Lots of coffee drinks from our church's coffee bar (The Perk) and nutritious snacks like grape soda over ice cream (why did I eat that?! Just typing it makes me nauseous) were the types of fare I was enjoying at VBS. While I was sick I was downing bowls full of Top Ramen (what can I say? I was sick and it sounded good). Then the weekend....oh, my goodness. Two separate birthday celebrations for my husband that included steak, potatoes, Mexican food, margaritas, wine, ice cream, cookies (we didn't have cake, my husband is a cookie monster) and I didn't count a single Weight Watchers point. I was too busy eating.

So needless to say I was not looking forward to my weigh-in this morning. I was certain that I was going to have gained every pound back that I had lost. I begged the Lord on Monday to prepare my heart for what the scale was going to say. I asked Him to not let me be defeated by any discouragement. Guess what? I lost a pound!!!! I know! I can't believe it either! The people reading this who were with me this weekend while I was stuffing my face are wondering what kind of diet this could possibly be. Well, I'll tell you. It's the Jesus-had-mercy-on-me diet. I know He won't do this for me every week, but He did me a favor this morning and I am so grateful. I literally did a dance in my bathroom when I stepped off the scale. I won't lie to you....it was not cute. I am not a dancer. But I know that God thought it was beautiful because it was my little worship dance of gratefulness.

So here is praying that your days are all full of reasons to dance for Jesus, as well. He loves it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP