This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

All Things

>> Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Last week was "Week, Interrupted". I had a whole week of VBS ahead of me that should have been busy and fun. Instead I had a partial week of VBS and a partial week of being sick. Mark also had a partial week of work, because of my being sick. This week is a short week for him, also, because of the holiday, so he has last week's leftover work and this week's consolidated week of work to cram into 4 days. You can guess what that means....late nights all week. We really won't see him until Friday, except to sleep.

The difference this time is that I'm ready for it. I've spent some serious time with the Lord, preparing my heart for this week, and yesterday was a successful day. So far, so good. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Phil 4:16)." Right? Sometimes it's hard to remember that during the mundane times. I turn to that verse when huge things rock my world, but I find myself trying to handle daily life on my own strength, instead of realizing that I should be doing ALL things (that is what the verse says, after all) through Christ. I should be doing the laundry through Christ's strength. I should be playing with my kids through Christ's strength. I should be making the bed through Christ's strength.

So that's what I'm going to do this week (and hopefully every day after that). The first thing I did this morning as I laid in bed was roll over and say "Good Morning, Lord. We've got another long day ahead of us! I can't do it, but I know you can!" That's my attitude and I'm sticking to it!

The other thing I'm praying for is that I would not say anything, even unintentionally, to make Mark feel bad about having to work so late. I know he feels terrible when he is gone such long hours. The Holy Spirit has really worked a miracle in my heart over the last year or so. I used to get really upset when Mark would tell me he wouldn't be home on time and I would take it out on him. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it was so frustrating and I had no one else to get upset with. Looking back, I'm ashamed at how I must have made Mark feel and I'm so thankful that the Lord worked on my heart and gave me enough patience and peace to cover my frustration. Now I just worry about saying things unintentionally. Burdening Mark with things going on at home that he can't possibly do anything about from where he is. I need to have discernment about what is important to tell him about and what I need to just handle on my own (with the Lord, of course).

I'm really excited to see God work this week. I know it might sound silly, but I believe He's going to do a miracle for me this week. Instead of moving a mountain, He's going to move my heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP