This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Day 4

>> Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's amazing how something as minor as a blog can have such a profound impact on my day. Yesterday, after I posted all sorts of glowing reports about how my week was going, it took a sharp, downhill turn. The kids started loudly and aggressively getting on each other's nerves, which was working loudly and aggressively on my nerves. For a minute I really wanted to crawl into a ball and cry. Then I really wanted to call my husband and cry. Then I remembered how I had promised you all on this blog that I was going to rely on the Lord for all things and not call my husband when the going got tough. I decided that if I didn't want to face bloggy embarrassment, I needed to get on my knees, cry out to the Lord, and then call my mom for support instead of burdening my husband at work. My mom wasn't home, but my dad was. He'll do in a pinch. The Lord....He's always home.

So thank you for this week, bloggers. Without even realizing it, you have all been holding me accountable. If I didn't have those blog posts to live up to, I might have indulged my emotions and had a pity party. Instead I faced the tough stuff with the Lord's help and lived to tell about it. I still have today to get through, and it should be an adventure. Micah is in rare form. I'm pretty sure he's sick of my face and is wondering what I've done with his Daddy. He's taking it out on everyone and everything around him. But my spirits are up. My mood is good. My attitude is right. The Lord never promised us it would be easy, only that He would be with us no matter what. I can honestly tell you that He has been. He absolutely has been. And so have you all, whether you knew it or not. Thanks!

1 comments:

Unknown July 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

This post just makes my heart happy because I know exactly what you mean. I "feel" my bloggy friends quite often! And what an amazing thing that God is ALWAYS there to answer. And, that He is always there. It isn't easy. You've said it well.
Hang in there!
R <><

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP