This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Spoken For

>> Saturday, June 28, 2008

There are few things that give me a lump in my throat like thinking about God talking about me. Not talking to me. Talking about me. To imagine, for even one moment, that He is proud enough of some behavior of mine that He would need to look over to His right, at Jesus, and say "Look at her! She did it! She finally did it!" It blows my mind. I love the idea that I can make Him proud. I know that I fail more than I succeed, but to think that I ever make Him burst with joy is my life's dream. Like in Hebrews 11...."by faith Enoch, by faith Abraham, by faith Moses, by faith Rahab (the prostitute)...." I want a line in there that says "by faith, Kimberly...." with some great story of a time when I actually did it...I actually trusted Him from start to finish and let Him do what He wanted to do with a situation.

Tonight, on the way home from celebrating my husband's birthday with his family, we were listening to Mercy Me. An older song of theirs was on, "Spoken For". There is a line in that song that says "To hear You say 'This one's mine', My heart is spoken for". That line gives me chills. Doesn't it just make you want to jump for joy to think that the God of the Universe, the Creator, the Ancient of Days, the Alpha and Omega, would sit up on His throne and look down at you and say "That one is mine!" It rocks my world! He is so powerful and mighty. He is so awesome and majestic. He is beyond comprehension. And yet I am His. And (this is the best part) He wants it that way. I am flawed. I am a failure. I am selfish. I am lazy. I am stubborn. And yet I am His. I am spoken for!

1 Peter 5:8 says "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." As terrifying as this verse is, it also makes my heart swell to think of my Jesus standing between me and this roaring lion, roaring even louder "You can't have her. This one is mine!" Am I the only one who wants to weep at the idea of that?!

I wish I had some great way to wrap this all up. Some tidy little ending to this post. The truth is, I'm just having a moment this evening. A moment of worship that I have decided to share with my bloggy friends and family. The truth also is that I take Him so for granted. When I think of all He is worthy of, I am ashamed at how rarely I give Him reason to be proud of me. When I think of how little He asks of me and how much He blesses me, I am embarrassed. I am spoken for. I pray that I would act like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP