This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

I feel just like Oprah, only not.

>> Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No matter how poor I feel like we have become ("feel like" being the operative phrase), there are certain essentials I don't live without. Tarte's "fred and ginger" lip gloss (all of their lip gloss duos are named after famous couples...so fun!), Yankee Candles and Puffs plus with lotion (no store brand tissues for us in this family!). I am also never without Bath and Body Works kitchen lemon anti-bacterial soap, which I shared in this post. For years I have had this sitting on my kitchen sink. That is, until recently. For the last six months I have been unable to get my hands on it. I have searched online, I have requested it in-store, and they have always been out! The only explanation I can come up with is that, much like when Oprah recommends a book and it immediately becomes a best-seller, you all saw my recommendation back in November and ran right out to purchase it. Clearly Bath and Body Works has been unable to keep up with the demand generated by this blog, so I have to ask you all to stop buying it so I can have some!

Oh, I kid. There are only about 3 1/2 people who read this blog, so I doubt that's the problem (unless you all bought a LOT of it!).

The truth is, as we speak, Bath and Body Works is currently holding 8 bottles of my beloved soap for me and we will be reunited tomorrow. Despite my putting in a request every time I have gone to the mall for the last 6 months, this is the first they have seen of it. Fortunately the manager has taken pity on me and my plight and is giving me a generous discount for all the trouble. So in all seriousness, there are clearly a lot of super-fans like me out there who love this stuff, so do yourselves a favor and get some!

And while I'm recommending things, Cover Girl's LashBlast is the single best mascara I have ever used in my life.

I'll end this now before it becomes like Oprah's Favorite Things show. You'll start expecting me to give you these things for free, and I simply don't have the budget. Sorry to disappoint.

1 comments:

Unknown June 18, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

You're funny! Thanks for the tips!
R <><

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP