This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Thankfulness, Day 3

>> Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I am thankful for simple pleasures. God is such a big, mighty, majestic god that is is sometimes unfathomable to me how much he cares about the details. I feel so sorry for those who don't know this. There are so many people out there, believing in God, but thinking He watches us "From a Distance" (Thank you, Bette Midler). He does NOT watch us from a distance. He sees the big picture (He created it), and He sees all of mankind (He reigns over us), but he also knows how many hairs I have on my head, and how soon they will be turning gray (Luke 12:6-8). I don't know about you, but that is about as detailed as it gets. Believe me when I tell you He knows how many hairs are on your head too, and if He knows THAT about you....imagine how much else He knows. And loves you anyway!

So I am thankful for the small things God allows to fill my life with pleasure. He doesn't have to, but because He is a good, good God, He does.

I am thankful for the first hug from my boys every morning. It's delicious.

I am thankful for my mom's carrot cake. It's delicious, too!

I am thankful for scented candles. Particularly Yankee Candle's new Frosted Pumpkin....it's perfect.

I am thankful for laughter that is so strong it makes your face ugly and your sides ache.

I am thankful for Rich Mullins, Bebo Norman, Third Day, U2 and Billy Joel (and about a million others).

I am thankful for hymns that drip with reverence for God and that can't be sung without crying.

I am thankful for Doris Day movies on a rainy afternoon.

I am thankful for bubble baths.

I am thankful for coffee!

I am thankful for email, and how easy and cheap it is to keep in contact with friends.

I am thankful for The Office (but I am very sad that the writer's strike has it off the air for now).

I am thankful for naptime.

I am thankful for inside jokes.

I am thankful for playing games with my family and friends. Even though some of us are sore losers.

I am thankful for Indoor Park.

I am thankful for cooking and baking and how fun it is to be creative in the kitchen.

I am thankful for shocking red and orange and yellow trees against a bright blue sky.

I am thankful for Christmas lights.

I am thankful for Bath and Body Works Kitchen Lemon Anti-bacterial soap. I'm never out.

This list could go on and on, but my two boys are done with their breakfasts now, so I need to go take care of them. Which, while not always simple, is always a pleasure.

1 comments:

Unknown November 22, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

GREAT list. It made me smile :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP