This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Design on a Penny (a Dime would be a stretch)

>> Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BooMamaBeforeAfter


So Boomama is having a super fun blog event coming up on July 25th. It's right up my alley because it includes interior "decorating". I put "decorating" in quotes because I don't want to imply that my "decorating" would even be considered "decorating" in most circles. But I love it anyway. I also love me some HGTV (Design Star, anyone?), so this is all just too much fun!

The whole goal of this blog event is to keep those of us with some home interior needs accountable. If we know that we are going to have to post pictures of our "afters" on a certain date, we will have no choice but to get ourselves in gear (or face bloggy shame). This is perfect timing for me, because I have been talking for over a year about changing our front bathroom decor. There is nothing wrong with it, it's just old. It's all stuff "we" registered for when we got married (I put the "we" in quotes because the stuff "we" chose was one of my first compromises as a soon-to-be-married woman. It was not what I wanted. It was what he wanted). So I have thought that it would be fun to change our front bathroom to the "kids" bathroom (and by "kids" bathroom, I mean decorated for a child but not destroyed like it is used by a child). Recently while purchasing toddler bedding for Micah on eBay, I bought the matching shower curtain on a whim, and now I have the motivation to get my act together and tackle that bathroom.

So my list of to-do's are:
1. Clean out and discard some of the tub-toys overtaking that room
2. Get rid of the baby bath that neither of my kids currently fit in and Micah never did.
3. Purchase new towels and accessories to flesh out the design with the new shower curtain.
4. Clean the bathroom top to bottom.
5. Take out old decorations. Sell on eBay or Craig's List.
6. Put in cute new stuff.
7. Take pictures and post them on the blog on July 25th!
***I may also paint the bathroom, but since we live in an apartment and will hopefully be moving sooner than later I may not go to all that trouble. We'll see. I don't want to commit to that.

So if you're interested in joining Boomama's Before and After bloggy event, click on the button above to get the details and get to work!

7 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} June 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Sounds like a fun and reasonable goal! Can't wait to see the results!

Anonymous,  June 18, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

I can't wait to see everyones results!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days June 18, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 10:37 PM  

Hi :) Good luck on getting the stuff done on your list. I look forward to checking back in late July and seeing everyone's results :)

The Momster June 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

I can't wait to see the progress you make!

Posh Mama June 24, 2008 at 7:59 AM  

Can't wait to see the before and after pics! Have fun!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP