This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

A Prayer Request

>> Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Grandma has cancer. I've mentioned this in previous posts. Today I am blatantly and shamelessly asking you to pray for her. And for me. Everyday when I pray for her, I pray that if there is any way in God's perfect will for her to be healed, that she will be, and I would love if He would do that. If you feel led to pray for that, I would be grateful. The prayer that I am specifically asking for today, however, is that she be able to come be with us for Christmas. I have the blessed assurance of knowing that when the Lord decides to call my Grandma home, it will only be a temporary separation for us. I know that she is not young, and if the Lord doesn't use the cancer to take her to heaven, then something else will sooner or later. I would love for it to be later, but I am at peace with the fact that it could be sooner. What I don't want is for her to spend what could be one of her few remaining (last?) Christmases apart from the people who love her. She has an appointment to see the doctor on Monday, and I would covet your prayers. I would ask you to pray that no matter what her physical condition, the doctors would see the value in allowing her to enjoy the holidays. I would pray that we would be able to arrange travel for her that is safe and comfortable (she can't fly because of the circulated air and the chemo having her immune system shot). When I spoke to her yesterday, she kept saying "Pray, Kimberly, pray so I can be up there with you soon." She wants to be here, she wants to be with her great-grandsons, and she wants to enjoy the life she has left to live. Please pray that God would graciously allow that.

It means so much to me to publish this post and know that the handful of you that read it will send up a prayer to the God of the Universe for my Grandma Kay, a woman most of you have never met. It's powerful and it's ministry. Please let me know how I can pray for you. It would be a privilege.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 5, 2007 at 6:14 PM  

Oh, I want this so much for her! Please know that all four of us are lifting this one up, daily. If she does get to come, give her a hug from me.

Gina

Unknown December 6, 2007 at 11:21 AM  

I hear your desire! I will pray!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP