This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

It's a Christmas Miracle!

>> Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I have wanted nothing more this Christmas than to see my Grandma. It has been such an all-consuming desire, in fact, that I have often felt like some darling little blue-eyed girl with ringlets and dimples, sitting on Santa's lap in a made-for-TV movie.

"Ho, Ho, Ho! What do you want for Christmas, little girl?" he would ask.

"All I want for Christmas is for my Grandma to be able to travel and be with us."

"Oh, that's a tough one, but Santa will see what he can do." he would say with a twinkle in his eye.

Cut to the end of the movie, where Santa has personally gone and picked up my Grandma in his sleigh and delivered her to me with a big, red bow. My family would all hug and laugh and cry and say things like "Santa Claus is really real!"

Only I haven't sat on Santa's lap. I haven't gone to him with this request. I've gone to the God of the Universe. I have gone to the One who actually COULD pick my Grandma up in a sleigh if He wanted. I have prayed and I have asked everyone I know to pray.

And my Christmas prayer is coming true. My Grandma was not only cleared for travel by her doctor, she was cleared to fly, which we didn't think she would be able to do. My Grandma should be here within the next week and I am going to be able to laugh with her and cry with her and say things like "God is really real!"

Thank you, Lord, for granting the desire of this girl. It means the world to me that I can crawl up in your lap and tell you what I want for Christmas and you actually care. It is humbling. Thank you for being such a personal God.

3 comments:

Unknown December 13, 2007 at 10:20 AM  

What an awesome answer to prayer and a wonderful Christmas gift to you! May you enjoy your time together!!!

Anonymous,  January 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous,  December 6, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP