This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

September

>> Thursday, September 6, 2007

It all started in September 1974. My parents were married that month. A year later I was born. It stayed like that for quite awhile, but 27 years later, I was married in September, and 4 years later, my youngest son was born. My brother is now seriously involved with a girl who wants a September wedding. This makes her very qualified to be a member of our family.

September is a very busy month in our home. In a lot of ways it is also my favorite. I love December, because no one loves Christmas like I do, but September is that start of the "er" months and really, it's arrival means that the holidays are on the way. (I am also shameless about the fact that I love my birthday, so that might have something to do with it, too.)

Tomorrow I will pull out all of our fall decorations and our home will be filled with pumpkins, leaves, apples and the smell of cloves. While grocery shopping yesterday, my son and I picked out an orange acorn squash that he thinks is a pumpkin (the real pumpkins were too big for him to hold), that he has carried around our home since. It was the first thing he asked for when he woke up this morning. Apparently he loves fall, too. He comes by it rightly.

This weekend we will throw the First Birthday Extravaganza for Micah that I have been planning for months. It will be the kick-off to our season of celebrations. We will celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, visit pumpkin patches, eat candy, give thanks, celebrate the birth of our Lord, and finally, the coming of a new year. And it all begins in September. Have I mentioned that I love this month?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP