This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

A good way to show a husband you love him

>> Thursday, August 30, 2007



Here it is, ladies and gentlemen.....my first official recipe posting. And it's not even my recipe. It is a recipe that I have made more than 5 times this summer alone and no less than 10 people have eaten it and raved about it. So I decided to share it. In the interest of full disclosure, this recipe came from a Kraft Food and Family Magazine. For those of you who don't know about this little gem, it is a totally free magazine that Kraft will send you bi-monthly that is loaded with recipes that are quick, easy, cheap and family friendly. Obviously they are hoping that you will buy all of their associated brand products (and feel free to!), but I tend to be a store brand or brand that is on sale with a coupon kind of gal. Anyway....these recipes are not gourmet, but they are the kind of manna from heaven recipes for a busy mom who is just trying to figure out one more thing to do with a couple of chicken breasts or a pound of ground beef. They even have several health conscious recipes in every issue.



So have I done enough advertising for Kraft in this post yet? Nope. My true bragging on this magazine will not be over until you have made this pie and tried it! It is awesome! My husband goes nuts over it (my dad and brother do, too!) and I know that if he's had a rough day, I can whip up one of these pies and his day is turned around (men are so easy to please!).


So here it is!

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Banana Cream Pie

I want to start this by saying that part of this recipe are the directions for making the crust from scratch. I personally think that is a waste of my time, so I am not going to include that. Part of what I love about this pie is that it is no bake. If you make the crust from scratch, it is no longer no-bake. Feel free to look it up and make it that way if it makes you feel better, however.

1 store-bought Nilla wafer pie crust (seriously, it's like a buck-fifty)
2 medium bananas, halved lengthwise and quartered
2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups milk
2 pkg (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding
2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided

Cover the bottom of the pie with the banana quarters. Then melt the chocolate and peanut butter together in the microwave. (I do not want to insult anyone, but just in case you don't know this.....chocolate is melted way before it looks like it's melted, so don't microwave it for too long. I usually go about 40 seconds, then I stir it until any remaining chunks melt away.) Drizzle melted mixture over bananas, set aside. Pour milk into a large bowl, then add pudding mixes. Whisk by hand (if I have to pull out and clean the hand mixer, then this pie is not going to get made very often!) for about a minute. Gently stir in one cup of the Cool Whip. Spread this over the bananas and chocolate/peanut butter.

At this point the recipe will tell you to spread the remaining cup of Cool Whip on top. Here is what I will tell you from experience. Leave it off until you serve it. I want to be clear....that last layer is essential...don't leave it off entirely. Just until you serve it. The reason for this is because with that extra layer, you have a really tall pie on your hands, and it makes it hard to fit in the fridge and even harder to take anywhere. My advice, just dollop the Cool Whip on top before you serve it, along with a few chocolate curls and chopped up peanuts for garnish if you're feeling fancy.

I hope you try it and like it! Let me know!

PS....while we're talking about sweet things to eat....don't forget to vote in my new poll about Micah's birthday cake. A girlfriend of mine is making the cake and we just can't decide what to do. Help us out! It's in the sidebar at the top!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP