This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Summertime

>> Monday, June 4, 2007

It's summertime. Maybe not "officially", but I think we're all feeling like summer has started. Memorial Day has passed, Spider-Man3, Pirates 3 and Shrek 3 are all in the theatres, we have a new American Idol, and it's getting hotter outside (if you live near me you know this was true until today, at least). The days are getting longer and lazier. If you're anything like our family, a lot of what drives your schedule from September to May has come to an end. Your calendar is dotted with camping trips and a BBQ or two, and if you're lucky, a great vacation, but there are far fewer obligations to fill up your Monday through Friday. This is where I am finding myself. There is a part of me who loves the break from the routine. Waking up in the morning and realizing that the only thing I have to do that day is play with my kids. Those are fun days. But those days are not very exciting. I realized tonight as I sat down to post something else that nothing of interest to anyone beyond the walls of our home had happened. We played with toys and then put them away for lunch. The boys napped (yes the nap was successful!) and then we played some more. We watched 'Veggie Tales' and had dinner (Elijah asked for thirds of what I made!), the boys had baths and then went to bed. And it was great. I had no temper tantrums to pull my hair out over. No one drew all over himself and his brother with a ball point pen. No one took off his own diaper peed on his bed. It was a nice, lazy day. One like I hope my summertime is full of. Unfortunately that doesn't give me much fodder for my new blog, but I'm sure I'll manage. I'm also sure that as much as I would love a summer full of nice, lazy days, I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old....it's not gonna happen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP