This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

God has a sense of humor...

>> Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I was asking for it. I really was. I knew it as soon as I posted my nice, lazy summertime post. Because God loves to laugh as much as we do (we're created in his image, you know), and this was just too tempting for him to ignore.

My 9 month old refuses to roll over. He has done it, so officially it has been checked off the "milestone checklist", but he won't do it any more. He is too busy sitting on his bottom and bouncing everywhere he wants to go (he also does a strange combination of a rambo/caterpillar/push-up thing instead of actually crawling, but that's not important to this post). In general this is a very cute thing to watch him do. This morning, it became my worst nightmare. After groggily carrying him to the living room and placing him on the floor with some toys while I desperately searched for caffiene (another long night....a story for another post), he bounced, bounced, bounced away, ejecting poop out the back of his diaper all across the living room carpet. Due to my sleepless haze, I didn't notice right away, so he bounced, bounced, bounced right back over it, making sure it was nicely rubbed into the carpet and that I would be able to do little to remove it all. I tried my best, but it was pretty futile. On top of all this, he had been fed carrots for dinner last night (I'll let your imagination take care of what that means). So I have a house full of people coming over tonight, and I am going to have a very strangely positioned Mickey Mouse rug in the middle of my living room. Fortunately the people coming over are the greatest of friends and will only enjoy the poop on the carpet as an opportunity to mock me, so I'm not worried about it. But mom, dad....if you're reading this....we need to borrow your carpet shampoo-er.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 5, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

Okay...I have been able to stop laughing long enough to comment. Have you ANY idea how hysterical the visual image of this is? 'Scoot-launch-scoot-launch-scoot-launch. Yes! Now for the great ending ***backing up*** Scoot-target hit-scoot target hit-scoot-target hit. Stain left...mission accomplished!' Great story! Now for some practical advice. I long ago found out that Nature's Miracle (found at pet stores) will get ANYTHING out of the carpet-with a carpet cleaner!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP