This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Can you get croup in June?

>> Monday, June 4, 2007

So apparently my 2 year old has the croup. Again. The first time he had it was in December. He started barking like a seal in the middle of the night. I grew up reading 'Anne of Green Gables' and 'Little House on the Prarie', so I was under the mistaken assumption that croup was a much more serious illness than it actually is in 2007. So there was more hysteria on my part than was necessary, and this time around, I know not to worry so much. But that doesn't make it any more fun. He was up a better part of the night until I finally gave in and turned on the humidifier. Even though it had been 90 degrees all weekend and last time we turned on the humidifier, we ended up with black mold growing around the windows (another post for another day). So he is now eating his lunch and I am getting ready to put him down for his nap. I am debating whether or not to turn on the humidifier. Nap time is essential not only to his little two-year old body, but also to my 31 year-old body. As I have said before, my husband often works long hours and my days become loooong when nap time is missed, abreviated, or refused by Elijah. I require that time for my mental, physical and spiritual health. And to eat my lunch and check my email. Priorities. Yet as important as nap time is, that black mold is not fun to try and get rid of. So I think we're going to have a go at it without the humidifier. Hopefully the Robitussin did it's job and Elijah and I will both get a little rest. Otherwise my next post might be one venting my frustration at having a very sick and cranky two-year old on my hands. Say a prayer for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP