This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Now about me....

>> Sunday, June 3, 2007

My first post was like my mission statement. It was ultra serious and very lofty. I meant every word of it. However, it doesn't tell you much about me, except that I am a Christian and I read blogs. I can't imagine anyone reading this who doesn't already know me, so I feel silly typing too much info about myself, but just in case someday someone wants to know who this blog belongs to, I am a stay-at-home mom of two little boys. Elijah is 2 and Micah is almost 9 months. I'm sure a lot of my posts will revolve around them, since my life revolves around them. My husband works hard, and often long hours, to ensure I get to stay home with our boys. This has not been an easy thing for us to accomplish. Believe me when I tell you....if you want to stay home with your kids but think you can't afford to...you can! I didn't think I was going to be able to either, but we've done it, and I'm proud of it. There are things we've had to live without, but God has graciously provided everything we've needed and then some. First he required me to take a serious leap of faith, but that's another post for another day. I love to read, scrapbook, watch movies, laugh with friends, and watch The Office (yes, I have a sense of humor....I think once I get less nervous about these posts, I'll loosen up and you might actually see it). I am finding that I am becoming more and more of a stereo-typical stay-at-home mom everyday. I find myself quoting Dr. Phil way too much, I clip coupons and love a good quick recipe and never have time to get a haircut. Yet I love it. I almost typed I love every bit of it, but that's a lie. I love it in general. I don't particularly love cleaning up after a 2-year old with the stomach flu at one in the morning. But I love snuggling with him in the rocking chair making him feel better once the cleaning up is done. So for those reading this who already know me....sorry to bore you. And for those I don't already know...it's nice to meet you.

1 comments:

Unknown September 24, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

Okay, sorry that I'm posting all over your site, but I finally found something that we are different in. I don't even generally love being an at-home-mom. I wish I did and I hope to, thus the reason for me entering into this blog world with other christian mothers. You can pray for me in that.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP