This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Hoping to Bear Fruit

>> Sunday, June 3, 2007

It's bizarre to me that I am typing something that likely no one in particular will see, and yet I'm terribly nervous. I guess I've just been blessed so much by the blogs that I have been reading lately and I would love to think my blog could some day do that for someone else. That's why I named my blog what I did. I would love if this blog could bear fruit. By fruit I mean encouragement, maybe laughter, maybe friendship, any number of the things that I have found in the blogs that I currently enjoy. Most of all, I would love to see this blog bear fruit in the same way I try to bear fruit in my own life. Through the power of the Holy Spirit. I would be so honored if God would use my little blog to occasionally touch someone with a little love, or joy, or a little peace. It would be so fun to think that God could inspire me to type something that might make someone's day a little brighter, and therefore make it easier for them to be kinder, or gentler. And above all, I would love to be able to sometimes work things out on this blog and see the Holy Spirit work through your comments, helping me to be more loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, gentle and self-controlled. I know this sounds like a tall order for a little blog that doesn't even have it's first post, but I believe God knows that in 2007, blogging can be and IS a ministry. I believe this because I have already experienced the ministry he is working through so many other blogs (blogs that I will link to as soon as I know how to do that!). So ladies, I'm hoping we can bear fruit. So I am about to publish my first post. And I feel like I am jumping off a cliff.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  August 23, 2007 at 9:33 PM  

That's a great reason for blogging! Hopefully you're right and your blogging will bear much fruit.

Abbi September 21, 2007 at 9:18 PM  

I enjoyed reading your reason for blogging. It was fun to read in part because it was so near how I felt when I started blogging. I had enjoyed so many other's blogs and I wanted to share with others as well.

Unknown September 24, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

I'm following your steps to being new to your blog and just found this. You and I have the same (it's scary because it's almost verbatum, i don't know how to spell that and i don't even know if there's spell check on the comment part, to the reason I wanted to begin blogging.)
So, I guess that's my way of saying "amen" because I agree!!!

Anonymous,  October 15, 2007 at 1:49 AM  

Hey..its an interesting way of introducing urself..

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP