This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Reality Hits Hard

>> Monday, December 28, 2009

The last 10 days of my life have been blissful (by my standards, anyway). Mark's work decided that in an effort to cut some costs for 2009, they would require everyone to take some time off around the holidays. If you were an employee with PTO remaining, you would be allowed to use it, but if your PTO was gone, you would still need to take the time off, unpaid. Fortunately, Mark fell into the latter category, so taking the time off was financially painless for us. I felt badly for those who were without time off remaining, but I'm certain they preferred this option to potentially losing their jobs all together.

So Mark has been off since December 18th and just rolled back into work this morning. Which means I had to roll back into work this morning as well. When the kids woke up this morning, there was no one else here to wake up with them and make them pancakes. It was all me. And I was not ready. For the last 10 days, I have woken up sometime between 9 and 10. (The only exception to this was Christmas morning, of course, when I was up with the birds.) Mark and I stayed up way too late most nights playing Super Paper Mario on Wii and successfully turning our "clocks" around. We had a great time, but we are paying for it today.

The truth is, even though Mark had to take this time off, his work load did not decrease any and, in fact, had INcreased since he was heading into year-end (he's an accountant....I don't know if I've ever mentioned that before). So he is not just back to the daily grind of 9-5 today. I'll be lucky if I see him much between now and Thursday evening. I won't lie....it's makes today sting even more than it should.

None-the-less.....he has a job. And it pays for the breakfast my children are eating and the internet access I'm using right now. It pays for the trip to Target I need to take today and for the storage containers I will buy while there to store all the new toys my children had under the tree. Mark's job paid for those, too. I wish I didn't need to remind myself of this all the time. I wish I was able to remain constantly grateful in the Holy Spirit instead of so easily slipping into the comfort of my Flesh and throwing a pity party. How pathetic that even though I haven't blogged in many months, my struggles remain the same as they did back then.

Praise the LORD that he never struggles to forgive me.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

I know what you mean. I have struggled with some of the same things. I enjoy having Geoffrey home but I also enjoy the pancakes that his work provides for us. I will be praying for you and if it is any comfort to know I am in the same boat with you. I am so thankful for you Kim, have a very blessed day.

Staci

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP