This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

On the Go

>> Sunday, December 27, 2009

Back when I started this blog, I would always read other people's blogs and hear about how they were typing from Starbucks or Panera, or (even better) their beds! They had the luxury of a laptop and the joy of wireless internet access. I would go into places that offered free Wi-Fi and dream of being a mom-blogger-on-the-go. I would imagine that I would have dropped my kids off at school and, peppermint mocha in hand, sit down to type something wonderfully profound to all of my bloggy friends and family. As happy as the idea made me, I knew that it was never meant to be. We had a very faithful, reliable PC that did everything I needed it to do and then some. Yes, it kept me tied to a desk, but that was not reason enough to invest money we did not have on a laptop we did not need.

So even though I loved blogging and never meant to stop, I found it harder and harder to find the time. As my kids get older I find that I am spending less and less time at home. The computer time I do have every day is generally spent working on Scentsy or ministry items and most of my "free" time on the computer is spent on facebook. Facebook requires absolutely no thought or creativity on my part, so it's easy to squeeze into the few minutes I have here and there. I would occasionally think about my blog longingly, realizing that it was still out there in the blogosphere, collecting dust and cobwebs. Every once in awhile I would decide I needed to delete it, but never had the heart to do it. I wanted to blog again, I just couldn't find the time.

So imagine my delight this last Christmas morning, just two days ago, when I opened the largest gift under the tree with my name on it to find a laptop computer!! My very own, fancy-schmancy laptop!! My husband very cleverly enlisted nearly every single one of my family members (including my Mother-in-Law) and insisted that I allow him to use the money I would have spent on his gift to contribute to mine. Of course I was dying to know what was going on and had my suspicions, but until I opened that gift I didn't know for sure what I would find so I refused to get my hopes up.

Now as I type this blog, I have become what I dreamed of being....a mom-blogger-on-the-go. For the time being I have only "gone" as far as my couch, but that's far enough for now. Instead of being sequestered to a desk in order to touch base with the blogosphere, I can sit right here on the couch, as Elijah and Mark take the ornaments off the tree in front of me and Micah is snuggled up next to me. All of a sudden, I have time to blog again, because blogging doesn't require me to neglect my family time. I can blog right here in the midst of my family.

And hopefully someone is still willing to read it.

3 comments:

Ranjit December 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Yep, we're still here! Glad to see you back in the blog-o-sphere (if that's what it's still called).

Unknown December 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Welcome back!!! I can picture a little bit of the world around you. Merry Christmas and welcome to the wonderful world of mommy-on-the-go laptop blogging :)

Think Straight Training and Homeschool Support LLC February 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Kimberly, (off topic for the post) I saw that you were participating in Beth Moore's new book study. I am from Hillsboro also and am trying to get a group of ladies together that might like to go over the discussion questions. We were going to meet every other week. Would you be interested in joining us? I go to Our Place church btw. Love to hear from you. sandy (sandydul@yahoo.com)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP