This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

The Grass Isn't Always Greener

>> Monday, February 2, 2009

So I thought February would be better. And it still may be, overall. It's not starting out so great, though. On the heels of my SIL's father passing away (very suddenly, at a very young age), my beloved Grandma left us. I was just starting to get used to that idea when I received the phone call this morning that Mark's Dad passed away. My Father-in-Law. Mark was already at work when he got the news, so he is on his way home now.

I've been praying and talking to my family and a girlfriend and praying some more. This is a part of being a wife that I don't know how to do. I don't know how to comfort my husband through the loss of his father. My family is very sarcastic and funny. A good portion of our mourning process has been laughter. My Grandma would have had it no other way. Mark's family is not like that. This will not be considered a time to celebrate my FIL's life. It will be considered a time to be mournful. I'm praying that the Lord will remove any inappropriate words from my tongue and replace them with the words my husband and his family need to hear.

I feel a little bit like I'm in a dream. It all seems kind of unreal. Too much has happened in too short a time for it to be real. And yet it is. But so is our God. So we'll make it through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP