This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

I'm cheating on my blog with Facebook.

>> Monday, December 29, 2008

I have to admit, the whole "Facebook" phenomenon has been lost on me. I have not understood it. Every time I would hear about someone on facebook, it always seemed like they were either a 12-year-old, a college freshman posting naked pictures of herself or some sort of sex offender looking for naked pictures. I fell into none of those categories. So I ignored facebook.

In September when my cousin was in town for Kevin's wedding, she kept telling me how great facebook was and so I decided to check it out. I set up an account, but in order to see anyone's "pages" on facebook, you have to ask them for permission. I wasn't sure I was ready to make that kind of commitment to facebook. So I went on with my life and forgot all about it.

Then about a month ago, one of my best friends from high school sent me an email. She had found me through facebook. I was thrilled that she had found me, but I still wasn't so sure I wanted to invest any time in facebook. Then another friend found me. Then another. And they started sending me virtual Christmas presents. It all became too much fun to ignore anymore. So I'm currently hooked. And apparently so is everyone else. I was amazed at how many people I know are on facebook. Every morning I wake up to either "friend requests" or confirmations of "friend requests". It's too much fun. Last night I stayed up until all hours sending my friends "flair".

Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon. Otherwise there may need to be some sort of intervention.

post signature

1 comments:

Unknown January 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

I've been on for about two years now. It will wear off and you won't be so absorbed in it. You'll learn how to have balance just like with blogging. I've also become friends with about four other bloggy friends. Welcome to that world!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP