This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

TGIF

>> Friday, August 8, 2008

My weekend lies ahead of me, long and empty. I can see the tumbleweeds blowing through my calendar. Yes, we have to take the car to DEQ and have the tags renewed. Yes, I have to go to Old Navy to buy pants for my little ring-bearers, and yes, I will have to go to the store at some point to pick up milk. Oh, and we'll probably go to church. I'm kidding. Of course we'll go to church. I have to, I teach Sunday School.

Other than that, internets, the weekend will be spent playing Wii. And reading. And playing some more Wii. And taking my kids to the park. And playing more Wii. Then we will probably play some Wii.

The week has been a great success. Lots of pajama wearing, drawing on the easel, building forts out of pillows and making a drum set out of an empty diaper box and an empty baby wipes box. Countless books read and songs sung. Plenty of tickling. It's been good. Not a single dollar has been spent, dinner has been made every night, and the house is (relatively) clean.

It's amazing what you can accomplish with the Holy Spirit and an empty calendar.

Have a great weekend, friends! Spend some time doing nothing. If God needed to rest, so do you!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP