This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Menu Monday

>> Monday, July 7, 2008

Photobucket

Confession:

I have not cooked a real-life, honest-to-goodness dinner in well over a week.

Before you think I've been shirking my responsibilities (again), let me remind you that my husband was not home any night last week before 10 PM and his office was keeping him fed with Red Robin TO GO. While I sat at home and had Lean Cuisine french bread pizza for the umpteenth time. The weekend before that we celebrated his birthday two nights in a row by going out. Friday was the 4th, and we had a fantastic BBQ at my parent's house. That only leaves the last two days open for opportunities to cook and can I tell you all...I was exhausted! The seven days leading up to this past Saturday were so full and so tiring that I don't feel one bit guilty about the "run to the border" we made last night (or the night before).

In an effort to make sure that I don't continue to slide into a rut of laziness and fast food, however, I decided to take advantage of my accountability partners again. I'm going to post my menu for the week. This will hopefully accomplish a couple of things. First, I will once again feel the responsibility to live up to what I have promised on this blog, which will keep me more motivated to cook this week. Second, it may give you some ideas for your menu planning at home, and third, maybe you'll be inspired to give me some of your ideas of what you're cooking in your house this summer!

So without further ado, I present my first (and possibly last, we'll see) edition of "Menu Monday":

Tonight- Grilled Chicken with Gnocchi in Sage brown butter
Tuesday- Chipotle Chicken Salad
Wednesday- Pizzadillas (Mark's late night)
Thursday- Wraps and Chips (I start leading a summer Bible study this night, so I need something easy so I can get out the door)
Friday- Drunken Chorizo Chili

Believe it or not, all of these recipes are Weight Watchers friendly. Some of them are new ones, so I'm excited to try. It always makes me more excited to get in the kitchen when I'm getting to do something new. So there you have it. This is what my family will be eating this week. How about yours?

After I typed this post, I went onto Photobucket to make a banner, but found that there is another blogger who already does Menu Monday. This makes me so happy! So I'm joining I'm an Organizing Junkie at her Menu Mondays! Check it out!

2 comments:

Unknown July 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

What a great plan you have in place. I hope your week goes well. I couldn't be in a more opposite boat. We are trying to eat up everything that we have so we can leave our house for 40 days. The good news is we'll be fed by others that entire time. I may not want to re-enter life!!!

Audra Krell July 7, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

Chipolte Chicken salad sounds really good. Hope your plans work out and that this will be the first of many for you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP