This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Menu Monday and other things

>> Monday, July 14, 2008

I can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday, except to say a quick good-bye to Tony Snow. I had been doing so well keeping up on my blogging. The truth is, this is one of the busiest summers I can remember. I think it has something to do with my brother getting married at the end of it. It also has to do with friends going on vacation and asking you to cover their ministries for them. It also has to do with my having such a desperate need to have a women's Summer Bible study that I am leading it myself. It also may have something to do with my having two toddlers.
So time is flying these days, which is strange for summertime. I usually find that the pace of things slows down in the summertime. Apparently just not this year.

So a brief catch-up on miscellaneous things:

-I made every recipe on my Menu Monday last week, and am looking forward to doing the same this week!

-I called every single person I was supposed to call for Meals on Wheels last week, despite my sweaty palms and cotton mouth every time I dialed the phone.

-The date of Boomama's Before and After has changed to sometime in September, so don't expect any pictures of my bathroom next week (I am certain that none of you are too disappointed by this news, but if you are, and pictures of my bathroom were something you were really looking forward to, you might want to look into getting some kind of life. No offense).
-Ummm...that little video game system that I have publicly and frequently dreamed about on this blog? Yeah...we got one! We have a Wii!!!! Thank you, Aunt Maureen, for our 5 months early Christmas present! We're already having a great time with it! See?:




You can see that is has a place of honor, right next to the potty seat.

So to wrap up this mish-mosh of a post, I am going to once again post my menu for the week as a source of accountability. Please feel free to ask me about any recipes you're interested in. I'm happy to share, but don't want to take the time to list them all on the blog.

So, here we go again....

Tonight- BBQ Chicken Wraps with Baby Carrots and chips

Tuesday- Cheesy Sloppy Joe's and salad

Wednesday- Taco Salad (Mark's late night)

Thursday- Chicken and Black Bean Burritos

Friday- Gnocchi Bolognese

Have a good Monday, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP