This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

My Week

>> Monday, June 23, 2008

This morning I woke up at 6:30. On purpose. My kids were still sleeping, but I had to wake them up shortly after 7:00. They were not happy. Now they know how I feel.

We sped through dressing, eating and racing out the door to get ourselves to VBS! I love Vacation Bible School. This is my third year working and I adore it. It's chaotic, it's exasperating and it's a mess. But it's amazing. Today we had 220 kids and that will increase to about 300 by the end of the week. We do not charge for our VBS, (despite the fact that our children's minister does not know how to do anything half way and our VBS is crazy-amazing) so we get a lot of non-churched kids. I am always amazed at the ministry this is not only to the kids, but to their families.

This is Elijah's first year as a participant instead of just hanging out in the nursery. He had a blast! We passed each other several times during the day, he going to his event and me taking my kids to mine. I fully expected him to want to latch on to me as soon as he saw me. Nothing could be further from the truth. He would wave and say a casual "Hi, Mom" as he continued down the hall, having too much fun to be bothered with me. He's growing up.

So I may or may not have the time or energy to post this week. As I type this, I'm half asleep, so I hope it's making sense. VBS takes it all out of me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

welchfam June 25, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Hey girl, how are you? I had a question for you. What is Kevin's wedding date? I need to get it on my calendar. Thanks! ~Rach

Unknown June 25, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

I'm so proud of you for working VBS and that you love the chaos! It drives me crazy. I've probably worked about 10 of them. I'm on the other end now.... desiring to drop them and come back later. I know it's lazy, but it's where I am!
R <><

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP