This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Happy Father's Day, Mark!

>> Monday, June 16, 2008

As I type this, my kids are tearing apart the living room, I'm sure. I can hear them laughing and playing and running, but it could turn into tears at any moment. This post is overdue, though, and I didn't want anyone thinking I had neglected it.

When I wrote the Father's Day post for my Dad, it began as a combination post for my Dad and for Mark. I then decided I would give them each their own separate post, because they were each deserving of that. My intention was to post Mark's yesterday, but between church and celebrating and Wii playing and BBQ-ing, it never happened. My husband was being celebrated in life, instead of on the blog. But I still want to give him his due. And he is due a lot.

I couldn't ask for a better father for my kids. He is kind and he is generous. I don't know where he finds all of his energy, but after a long day at work, he still comes home and wrestles and chases and tickles our boys. He is the bath-giver, the bed-time-story-reader and the tucker-inner. He works ridiculously long hours (which I have documented on this blog) to provide so that I can stay home and be with our boys. He takes the boys on walks to the park so I can have some peace and quiet. The way he treats me is an awesome example to my boys of how they should someday treat their future wives. He is a wonderful man and I take him for granted far too often. It's way too easy to get caught up in the daily grind and forget to acknowledge how much he does. Thank you, Mark! You are more than I deserve. I pray that I behave in a way worthy of all you do for me. I'm sorry for all the times that I don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP