This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

My Thankful Heart, Day 2

>> Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I have struggled with what to be thankful for next. I told you all that I wanted it to be something I had to think about, so I thought about what was having the biggest impact on my life at this season and there was one clear answer. The struggle I have had is with how exactly to word this post so as not to confuse anyone about where my worship is directed. The only reason I am even attempting this is because if only ONE person reading my blog is introduced to this woman's ministry because of it, it would have been worth the effort. So I am going to try my best.

I am thankful for Beth Moore.

September of 2006 was a special month for me. Not only was my son, Micah, born, but I was also introduced to Beth Moore's Bible studies at that time. (I know that sounds like a ridiculous comparison. The birth of my son with a Bible study series?! Believe me when I tell you I'm only slightly exaggerating. It is not really the Bible study series itself so much as it is the way it has deepened and strengthened my relationship with the Lord, and make no mistake...my relationship with the Lord is every bit as important to me as my children!) Little did I know that when our womens' minister decided to choose Beth's Daniel study for our Thursday morning group that my life would be so forever changed. Then came Living Beyond Yourself, Beth's leading through the Fruit of the Spirit. This Fall we started (and have almost completed) Breaking Free.

The reason I am so thankful for Beth's ministry is because God uses her to speak to me in such mighty ways. She has taught me how to love Jesus and love God's Word in ways I didn't know were possible. She taught me the importance of going to the original Hebrew and Greek and that having a good grasp of Biblical history is essential to getting all there is out of Scripture. She explained the Holy Spirit and his role in my life in ways that brought Him into living color. She is funny, she is genuine, she is smart and she loves the Lord so much it oozes from her.

As I said, I would hate for there to be any confusion about whom I worship. I do NOT worship Beth, I admire her. I worship Jesus Christ, but I worship Him more fully and more deeply because of the teaching I have received from Beth. She has submitted to God's calling and authority in her life and is a very effective ambassador. God is no dummy. He knew what Beth would become with the power of His Spirit, and it was no accident that He chose her. I am SO THANKFUL that she listened to His call.

1 comments:

Unknown November 22, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

She is such a gifted teacher. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP