This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

102 degrees

>> Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I am typing this post fairly early because in a few hours I will not have the energy to lift my fingers to type. Why? Because it is going to be over 100 degrees today and I don't have air conditioning. I know there are some of you out there who love the heat (including some very dear friends of mine) and to you I say....you are crazy. I hate the heat. HATE it. Yes, I used the H word....the very strong, very appropriate in this case, H word. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the sun. Up to about 82 degrees. Once it starts to drain the energy from me instead of inspiring me to be more energetic, I have no use for it. So as my way of venting my frustration against the heat, I am typing this post.

Top 7 Reasons I Hate the Heat:
1. You can't escape it. So for all of you who love the heat, I think you're selfish. I love the rain, but you don't see me forcing you to be in it, do you? I can enjoy the rain while you stay safely inside your warm home. Without A/C, I am forced to endure the heat so that you can enjoy it.

2. The sun can kill you. Unless you are the Wicked Witch of the West, the rain can't hurt you (I mean no disrespect to those enduring ugly amounts of rain in other parts of the country. That is a different animal entirely. I'm talking about average rain). The sun can give us sunburns, skin cancer and heat stroke. Enough said about that.

3. The sun drains you of energy. A nice sunny day can be such a boost to the spirit. But just a few degrees more can turn one into a slug. This is not helpful when you have a ten-month-old that can crawl at the speed of light and a two year old who can RUN!

4. Unless you have A/C, you don't dare turn on your oven in the summer. This significantly decreases the number of recipes I have to choose from while trying to come up with new, exciting things to cook for dinner.

5. Staying cool in the summer requires far too little clothing for my taste (and figure).

6. It takes me 20 minutes longer to go anywhere because I have to slather two wiggly-worms with copious amounts of sunscreen first.

7. The animals don't come out at the zoo.

So there! I can feel better about facing the heat today because I have sufficiently told it why it stinks. I lovingly dedicate this post to my friends Sandra and Mary, who are crazy "love the heat"-ers, and yet I love them anyway. May you enjoy the summer. Somebody has to.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 10, 2007 at 11:03 AM  

Kim:
I have to admit that as I get older I enjoy the heat less. I prefer sunshine over rain at any temperature but really don't care for anything much above 90 degrees and certainly not 100+. But let me give a few reasons I hate the rain....

1) In Oregon the rain always is a factor in planning any outdoor activity.
2) Running when it is raining and your all wet is not nearly as much fun.
3) Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.
4) During rainy season you always have to pack something to protect you from the rain.....rain coat, umbrella...like I'm not already packing enough things.
5) Rain goes on and on and on and on.
6) On a rainy day you can't see the mountains and all the colors are grayed
7) Rain contributes to more auto accidents then does sunshine.
8) Sunshine never requires a sump pump and will never flood your house

So there 7 with one for good measure :o) Mary

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP