This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

I love my boys

>> Monday, June 11, 2007

When I was pregnant with Micah I really wanted a girl. I had my boy....it was time for my girl. Since they are so close together, people would often comment on how fun it would be if they were both boys so they could be the best of buddies. I would smile and nod and secretly think they were nuts....I wanted a girl. I was ready for the frills and dresses and PINK! On the day of my 20-week ultrasound (the one where you get to find out, if you want, what you're having), it was my plan to go straight from the doctor to a store where I could buy something, anything pink. I was convinced I was having a girl. So when Matt, our ultrasound dude (there is no better word for him, he is a dude...totally fun) told us that if we were having a girl she was going to have 3 legs, I was a little disappointed. No pink. Oh, well. I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have two boys...for now. My consolation was the fact that someday I could still have a girl. But things have changed....

I love my boys. I love that they are, even at 2 years and 9 months old, full of testosterone. I love knowing that they are that way because God created them that way. God intended for them to be protectors, hunters, gatherers, providers, and they need to be full of energy and strength to do that. I have learned so much about God's perfect design for us since I have had boys. He has shown me how even from infancy, he starts shaping the men they will become and that it is my husband's and my job to nurture that and never squash it, only shape it and give it boundaries.

In the last month or so, my boys have really begun discovering each other. They make each other laugh and roll the ball to each other. Elijah will stack the blocks and Micah will crawl over and knock them down and it will crack the both of them up. Just this morning, Elijah was laying on the floor, watching Little Einsteins, when Micah crawled over and sat up next to him. He lifted up his arms into the air and with all his weight, body slammed his brother. Elijah thought this was the funniest thing that had ever happened to him. Micah sat up and did it again. And again. In my mind, I caught a glimpse of my boys, a couple of years from now, wrestling on the floor, the best of buddies, and I became very happy that I have two boys.

1 comments:

Rebekah June 12, 2007 at 3:56 PM  

I'm here by way of Everyday Mommy. This is such a nice post! What fun you have to look forward to - our boys are 2 1/2 years apart and are now 6 and 8, and the playing and fighting is constant, but we love them, too. (Oh, and I got to have my little girl finally last year, too.)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP