This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

More

>> Sunday, January 3, 2010

I love a deep theological conversation. I adore tearing into scripture and taking it as deep as my human brain can go. God's Word is so multi-faceted and has so many layers. The more you know, the more you realize how much more there is. I find it fascinating to look up the original Hebrew or Greek origins of words and to learn the historic context of writings by Moses or Paul. The Bible is so rich with information, history, insight and wisdom.

Sometimes, though, the best stuff about the Bible is when it is at it's simplest.

Tonight in the car, on the way to dinner with my family, a song came on the radio that was the message of the Bible at it's simplest. It's not a new song, in fact the album was released in 2004. I've heard the song a hundred times and I will likely hear the song a hundred times more. Tonight it hit me between the eyes.



I have the song on now as I'm typing this post, and tears are coming to my eyes. I've been going through a rough few months, personally. I suffer from significant depression and anxiety attacks and am in the midst of a doctor change and medication change. While I wait for the dust to settle on this season of my life, I have allowed it to drive a wedge between the LORD and I. I can't tell you why. I've just been feeling pretty crummy most of the time and have not allowed Him to minister to it. I have felt like I have come undone.

Tonight God used this simple little song to remind me that He loves me more. I love how Matthew West just sings it over and over....."I love you more..." He loves me more than the mountains He created, more than the massive oceans, more than the stars in the sky. He loves me more....than anything. More than my failures. More than my choices. More than my pity parties. He loves me more....He loves me more......

I struggle with placing human limitations on God. I know in my mind that He is capable of forgiving me over and over again for the same thing, but in my heart I feel like He must be sick of forgiving me by now. Because I would be sick of forgiving me by now. But He's not. He wants me to know....He's not letting go.....He loves me more...

And that is really the message of the Bible. Amongst all of the history, the poetry, the letters and the prophecy....He loves us more than anything. More than His own Son's life. He will say it over and over again because He is gracious and He knows we need to hear it over and over again. He love us more.....

That song doesn't contain a single idea that I hadn't heard before. I know He loves me more....now if only I would start believing it again, so I could shine like those stars He created.

Thank you, LORD, for using a song to remind me. You knew it would get to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP