This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

The Best Laid Plans....

>> Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh, how I wanted today to be something wonderful. A day of putting my home back together. Removing the clutter that had started to overtake my desk and cleaning under the appliances in the kitchen instead of just around them. I was looking forward to spending time on the floor, playing with my kids instead of just pulling out a toy, pointing to it and hoping that they would give me a little peace and quiet. I had visions of a productive and replenishing day spent comfy in our pj's.

So far the only part I got right was the pj's.

It's nearly 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm only on my second load of laundry. Only one bed in the house is made and most of my interaction with the kids today has been refereeing the fighting they've been doing over the fun new toys our friends brought back for them from India. I guess I was expecting too much of all of us to think that our first day back to normal would be perfection. I think we all need a little time before we are going to feel well-rested, well-adjusted and well-behaved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP