This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Accountability...it's a good thing

>> Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So to follow up on my post claiming I would be turning over a new leaf this week, so far the following things have happened in my house:

1. My boys drawers and closet have been cleaned out and all clothing that no longer fits or is no longer seasonally appropriate have been removed. (I know it's not summery around here, but I doubt Micah will be needing a snow suit any time soon. Especially a snow suit for a 9-month old).

2. All laundry has been washed, folded and put away.

3. The kitchen has been cleaned from top to bottom, including cabinets and burner drip pans. The floor is also clean (but as of this morning, there are crumbs on it again...sigh).

4. My children have been receiving 3 square, homemade, healthy meals every day. My husband has had a home cooked dinner so far every night.

5. The booster seats have been taken apart, cleaned and put back together again.

6. I lost another pound this morning at my weigh-in (woo-hoo! That makes 33.5 so far!)

7. The Lord and I have been spending some quality time together.

8. I have not purchased anything on eBay (do you know how addictive eBay can be? I'm new to the whole eBay thing and I jumped in with both feet.)

9. I have made $70 selling things on eBay this week. (And I will ship them tomorrow)

10. I have snuggled with, wrestled with, read to and tickled my kids repeatedly throughout these last few days.

So things appear to be back on track! I feel a lot more like the mother and wife God would have me be. It's a great feeling!

2 comments:

Katie Gregg June 11, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Good for you! Sounds like you have had a great week (better than mine....I am having a completely BLAH couple of days!)

Unknown June 12, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

Keep it up! I'm inspired after catching up on your blog. I didn't read that much while I was gone. Now, I'm going to offer to play a game with my girls.
*I did use a cookie cutter to make shapes in the sandwiches I made them for lunch today* it feels good to do our job well, and it feels so awful to fail!
Thanks for writing about it! <><

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP