This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

Journal Keeping

>> Friday, April 25, 2008

This blog isn't often very silly. Not because I don't love to be silly, because I do. Believe me. There is nothing I love more than to laugh my head off. This blog most often ends up being almost a journal of sorts. A place where I can share a thought or two that has been rolling around in my heart. It's nice to have. The truth is, I had forgotten how many times I've already spilled my guts on the internet for all the world to see (and by "all the world" I mean the 4 of you that read my blog). As I've been turning over this new bloggy leaf this week, attempting to get back in the saddle, I have been looking over past posts. I wanted to remind myself of what I've done this past 10-11 months. I was really surprised. I had forgotten so many things I had written and so many things that I had felt. It was nice to have them documented. For instance, I am looking forward to starting a new season of VBS for the summer. Looking back at posts I had written about it last year reminded me of what an amazing ministry it is. It's also been wonderful to go back and remember friends and family and things they've done that have touched me enough to be recorded for posterity. Looking back at the times I have seen God move has been exhilarating. Looking back at the times I didn't see Him move the way I wanted to and then pouted about it was humbling.

I love having a blog. Even if no one in the world ever pays any attention to it but me, I can honestly say, looking back, that it is valuable. A spiritual discipline that I have always been lacking and yet always wanted to do is journaling. I have just in the last month started a journal. At least that's what I thought. Looking back over this blog, I'm realizing that I have been journaling all this time. I just didn't know it. Thanks for listening. I hope you don't mind if I continue.

2 comments:

Unknown April 27, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

It's funny....because some times I am between my written journal and my blog and there is little difference. I often times wonder if I should just journal, then copy on here....too much time though.
As I read about the importance of remembering things in the past I thought of the OT where God would tell people to build a memorial or an altar or something to "remember" what the Lord did there. This is what I believe our blogs or journals are in a sense. We can recall the things God has done in our lives which will give us hope for what He will do. I'm glad to be one of your readers...thanks for letting me be a part! (((hugs)))

Anonymous,  April 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP