This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

You might be a Parent (of Toddlers).....

>> Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lately, as I have been living my everyday life, I have found myself in situations that would never have happened before I was a parent. I have had to laugh as I try to imagine these things in my life a few years ago. So in an ode to Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a Redneck", I have compiled a list of "You might be a Parent (0f Toddlers)".....

**If you find yourself talking to your friends about poop and everyone involved in the conversation thinks this is normal, you might be a parent.

**If you find yourself eating breakfast with a construction workers hat on your head and you do not work in the construction business, you might be a parent.

**If you find yourself clapping and dancing because someone used a toilet, you might be a parent.

**If grabbing a booger off of someone else's nose has become a fairly routine part of your life, you might be a parent.

**If you find yourself very excited about the new episode of "Little Einsteins" because you are so sick of the rest of them, you might be a parent.

**If your back is killing you because you have given too many horsey rides in one day, you might be a parent (or you have some weird friends).

**If your brother can't choose the restaurant he wants to go to for his birthday because it's not family friendly, you might be a parent (sorry, Kev!)

**If the fact that Chuck E. Cheese's is not in the 2008 Entertainment Book has you totally bummed, you might be a parent.

And last but not least....

**If you love another human being (or two, or three....) more than you ever knew you were capable, you might be a parent.

1 comments:

Unknown October 11, 2007 at 1:06 PM  

This is fantastic and I can totally identify!!!! Well written :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP