This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

An Update

>> Tuesday, June 26, 2007

As I'm typing this, I still do not have my car, but by the time many of you are reading this, I hopefully will. It was a long weekend, folks. Because all of this happened on a Saturday, there was nothing we could do until yesterday. God was having to work something out in me that He has been working on for awhile. Peace in the waiting. When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, He waited 4 LONG days before doing so. Mary, Martha and every other friend and family member of Lazarus were grieving, and so was Jesus. The Bible says that he wept over the death of his friend. And yet he still waited. Because there was glory for God in the waiting. By waiting those 4 days, he was making sure that everyone knew that Lazarus was indeed dead, and had been dead, but because no one around Him knew what He was doing, they kept questioning. They couldn't understand why He didn't just heal Lazarus when he was sick, and once he had died, why Jesus hadn't gone and mourned with Mary and Martha. Because Jesus knew the bigger picture, and that there was glory in the waiting.

I am an impatient person. I don't want to wait, let alone have peace while I'm waiting. Yet God has required of me on several occasions lately to rely on His peace. What I'm happy to report is that I was much more victorious this time than in times past, but we still have work to do.

The car needed a new starter. They called yesterday and gave us a quote, and said the car would be ready this morning. So I'm waiting for the call that will officially end this ordeal. Financially, it's a burden that we can handle. Things could have been so much worse, and I'm just so thankful that it was as simple as it was. I'm also thankful for another opportunity to learn to rely on His peace. There is glory in the waiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP