This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves
to be my disciples. John 15:8

One of those weeks....

>> Friday, June 22, 2007

Have you ever had one of those days? You know...the kind of day that when you start to blow dry your hair, you realize you forgot to rinse out the conditioner in the shower? The kind of day where your toddler decides he does not like macaroni and cheese, and the only suitable place for it is all over the floor? The kind of day that, although his mac and cheese belongs on the floor, his corn belongs up his nose?

Because that is what my week has been. Not my day. My week. Please understand, nothing horrible has happened. It's just been one of those days..er...weeks. My kids are finally sleeping successfully through the night in the same room and even falling asleep relatively easily. What time they wake up is still all over the map, but at least they sleep in sometimes. We've finally reached the stage in Micah's development that he is very successful in crawling, on all fours, wherever, whenever he wants. This means my furniture is now more interestingly arranged during the day to "trap" him in the living room so I can do things like...go to the bathroom. (Baby gates are great, but they are useless with an open floor plan). And today when I left a friends' house, the car barely started. The battery was losing it's charge. That's what happens when everywhere you go (including church and the grocery store) are within 5 miles of you. So with no extra snacks or bottles, my sons and I had to take a completely pointless, waste-of-gas-in-our-gas-guzzling-vehicle drive to help charge the battery.

So the blog has been quiet. Not because life hasn't thrown me enough adventure this week, but because it's still too soon to have a sense of humor about it all. In fact, as I'm typing this, I realize I sound like a crab. Sorry about that. The truth is, life is good, and my kids are wonderful. I'm just having one of those weeks.....

So here is to having a wonderful weekend, ladies! Next week is a new week and it's going to be great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP